Hope you had a “spook-tacular” Halloween and are looking forward to this week’s Spring like weather! Usually November ushers in the colder weather, and in turn, a shift in focus and a consideration of the approaching holiday season. The festive season may be hard to stomach while you are wearing shorts this week…but, it is inevitably on its’ way!
We are proud to be able to support City Street Outreach in a different capacity this Holiday Season. The past two years our warm clothing drives have been a huge success but, this year we wanted to contribute in a way that reaches children directly. We will be purchasing and donating gifts to be distributed by this registered charity to parents who need some assistance.
Let’s stop and think about the feelings that would be involved if you or I could not acknowledge the holidays with a token or gift for a special child in our lives. Truly overwhelming…and as a generous person, I know you are wondering how you can help.
We are looking for donations of NEW, unwrapped toys and books. Maybe you have something extra around your house that you purchased and never gave to anyone? Or, maybe while you are doing your shopping you could put an extra item in the cart?! We recognize that it is the time of year when many different charities ask for your help. We appreciate donations of any size.
If you let us know if you have an item waiting and a convenient time to pick it up, we will gladly do so and deliver to City Street Outreach for you. If you have any questions please contact myself or Marija.
For event updates please visit https://www.facebook.com/polsonhomes
- Toy Drive, till December 15
- Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, November 6-15, http://royalfair.org/
- Santa Claus Parade, November 15, http://www.thesantaclausparade.ca/
- Leslieville Wanderlust, November 19th & 22nd, http://leslievillebia.com/event/leslieville-wanderlust/
- Toronto Christmas Market, November 20- December 20, http://www.torontochristmasmarket.com/
- Winter Festival of Lights, November 21, 2015 – January 31, 2016, http://www.wfol.com/
- Kingston Road Santa Claus Parade, November 22, 1-4pm
- Romeo and Juliet, November 25, 2015 – March 20, 2016, http://national.ballet.ca/Productions/2015-2016-Season/Romeo-and-Juliet
- One of a Kind Christmas Show, November 26- December 6, http://www.oneofakindshow.com/toronto/
- Cavalcade of Lights, November 28, http://www.toronto.ca/special_events/cavalcade_lights/2012/opening_celebration.htm
Leave a comment